Friday, February 26, 2016

Update 26th February

So what's new? ... any scandal?

Believe it or not the above are questions I am asked frequently, as if I were a repository of the inner workings of matters local. Anyway, both questions were asked and I answered 'yes' without hesitation "a local entity acquired an edge of town property, and 'big' news will be announced soon regarding one of our schools. "Tell me more, tell me more" my inquisitor pleaded. "No, no" I replied, "I have a fertile imagination and you shouldn't believe everything you hear and If I heard lies, I'm telling you lies!".

GAA Weekend Fixtures

Sunday February 28th : Minor Division Three Football League
• National Automation Minor's v Oran, In Oran, 4pm
• The James Lannon Tyre Centre U-16's game has being postponed.

Úna Bhán Community Notes

Graphic
a_read_more.gif


Tony Conboy "An Oblique View"


a_read_more.gif

Alongside several diverse articles of local, national and international interest, Tony remembers Kieran Emmett, a member of the very wellknown and regarded Emmett family of Ballyfarnon who died in early March 2006. He was known in many parts of the country as a musician, wit, entertainer and character call it what you will...
• Kieran Emmett 10th Anniversary Concert and Sessions Friday 4th, Saturday 5th March ... scroll down this page to view poster.

Chris O'Dowd at the Pre-Oscars party

Irish Independent report: Actors Colin Farrell and Fionnula Flanagan were joined by director Lenny Abrahamson and Chris O'Dowd on the red carpet. 'Bridesmaids' star O'Dowd was quick to praise the talents of the Irish contingent.
• "There are incredibly talented people from a very small island making incredibly beautiful work," he said.
a_read_more.gif