Saturday, September 6, 2014

Knock Airport / Ballaghaderreen bypass / Boyle Celtic to Croagh Patrick

Knock Airport / Ballaghaderreen bypass

20140906_102816

This morning I took a trip to check out the newly opened Ballaghaderreen bypass. it's a great road through lovely Mayo countryside and cuts 10 minutes off the Boyle to Knock Airport travel time. Mind you it then took more than an extra 6 minutes to locate a parking space and walk to the terminal building because the car park was almost full. I forgot to bring my camera, so I photoshopped pics from my phone for you [here...]

20140906_103614Mini-Breafast in Knock was 'mini' except for the price - €7.95
Rasher, sausage and puddings were cooked a long time before I got them and
the service was 'snappy' and impersonal ... not a 'Welcome to Ireland' for visitors!!

Boyle Celtic to Croagh Patrick

P9020294

The hardy cyclists who undertook the Boyle Celtic to Croagh Patrick challenge (Saturday) left from Boyle Celtic Grounds. The event is not a race and may have included a shot stop along the way. The group hope to complete the journey in approximately 4 hours.
Photos [here...]